Monday, April 23, 2007

hook'n along




I think i really need a life. All i do is crochet and play games all day. i have two blankets in the works. both halfway done, but i keep starting new projects.




I signed up for project Linus. that is why i really wanted to learn to crochet. While kaylee was in the hossy for months on end in NICU and SPU and still. she recieves new blankets all the time. I can't even tell you how many cute blanky's she has accumulated over the past 18 months. Then i was thinking. hmmmm They also had hats for the babies in the nicu. But NONE would fit kaylee's big fat head. she was a preemie but not tiny like other babies. So i want to make tons of hats to fit the regular sized babies heads.




This was my 2nd attempt at a hat. The first one i tried went terribly wrong. i used the size hook and everything it said. It would never fit preemie. It fit my 6 yr olds head. so he shall keep it.




i was using this pattern Free Crochet Pattern: Lion Organic Cotton Teeny Beanie . I didn't like the ribbon on it so i changed it up a bit. I made a funky looking tassle on the top in a paler blue color. I used Caron simply soft yarn for the hat in berry blue color. i have no idea what the yarn in tassle is.

No comments: